This 94 BCD 5 bolt ring will serve all your Vintage crankset and Surly crankset needs!
- 4 of the holes are threaded and 1 is a normal through bolt hole (done for Surly compatibility). Use a stock 10mm chainring bolt for the fifth, hidden arm.
- These rings fit any 94 BCD 5 bolt crankset, and here are instructions on how to measure your BCD.
- For Plus size bike applications with the Surly OD crankset, e.g. Instigator and Krampus, you will need to use the stock spacers (Spacer Kit QBP Part number CR8609) that came with your 1x setup. You will also need some 16mm bolts from problem solvers.
- This ring will work with your vintage 94 BCD 5-bolt cranksets!!
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Provide a great chainline on most boost bikes. See this explanation for details.
Chainring bolts that are optimized for 1x
- For use with Surly OD cranks on fat bikes - our 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring
- For use with vintage cranksets we recommend a set of 5 x 6mm bolts.
- No Wolf Tooth bolts available for Plus size bike applications with the Surly OD crankset (see compatibility notes above)
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patent pending Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Material 7075-T6
- Colors - black
- Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary)
- Varies by mounting but this ring has 3.5mm standoffs
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight: 28T - 37g, 30T - 48g, 32T - 57g